Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Introduction to my Field Experience

I met with my mentor teacher for my pre-professional seminar's field experience today.  She seems awesome, and I'm really excited to work with her.  She's been teaching for four years, so she still remembers her student teaching experiences clearly enough to have sympathy for me.  I'll be teaching at least one of her 10th grade English CP classes (American Lit II: 1914-present) and potentially some lessons for her theatre elective.

My first unit is going to be on Death of a Salesman, and then after that I get to work on poems by Robert Frost.  The scary thing is that I realized I have no idea how to teach.  I have to create classroom lessons for this entire unit, and I have no idea how to even begin.  She suggested I start with an introduction on the concept of the American Dream, so I'm working on that right now, but I also have to find time within the first day to teach drama terms... we'll see what happens.

In the meantime, if anyone has any great suggestions for things to include in my Death of a Salesman unit, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment